Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 1: Complaints.

Written work-out: 3 miles
Actual work-out: 7 minutes, or approximate 3/4 of a mile.

Well here I am on Day 1 of my official 'Marathon' training. This entire post can be summarized in one big statement called, 'what was I thinking!?!?'

People who know me in 'real' life can testify that I am typically a very positive person in any situation. Right now is not one of those moments. I am low on sleep thanks to an awesome Brewer's game (my first!), work, and nightmares. Yesterday I thought maybe I would be able to get up at 4:00 am (hahaha) and run an hour before getting ready for work at 6. Since that did not happen, I decided I would try and run tonight. After all, it's 'only' 3 miles. Apparently two weeks has erased my memory for running. I completely forgot about how warm it is after the sun comes up, even at 7pm. I forgot about all the other people who would be outside. I forgot that many of them are over-enthusiastic to mow their yards. I forgot to take an allergy pill. I went for a nice 7 minute jog... around the block. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?

If I am going to run outside, it needs to be between the hours of 9pm and 6am because I cannot handle any of the above mentioned factors. Luckily I have a membership to the local gym... so if I am scared to run outside after dark, and I am having regular nightmares of being attacked, I should probably compromise and do a gym work-out.

That is where I am at right now... the in between time of going to the gym and going to bed. I want to wait a little bit to weed some of the people out. I really prefer running by myself or with very few people around. I find it peaceful by myself, under perfect morning conditions.

SO... that is day 1. Hopefully I will have a better update next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment