Sunday, April 25, 2010

7. One Week Until Half-marathon! (T-7)

As I mentioned earlier, I will probably be updating this every couple of days now rather than every single. I would like to mention a big THANK-YOU to those who have both clicked on some ads and decided to follow me! Very unexpected and surprisingly delightful at the same time.

This past week I had been feeling under the weather and not sleeping well due to a chronic cough. I wasn't able to sleep because I would go into these coughing fits. In addition the weather has not been the greatest although I do belong to Planet Fitness so weather should never be an excuse. At this point I have convinced myself I would rather be under-trained and 'just do it' than to be over-trained and burnt out.

Today it is cold and rainy. I haven't ran yet, and I am not sure that I will. It should be my last day for a long  run, and I just don't think this half matters enough to me that I want to go out and endure the cold, rainy, and VERY WINDY weather. Maybe I should take this half more seriously, but my goal is just to finish, and I am confident that I will. Maybe I should come up with a list of 'reasons TO run' for when I am unmotivated but truly need to train (like for when I start my real marathon training May 16th!).

No comments:

Post a Comment