Saturday, April 17, 2010

1. Intentions


Alright, my name is Lyndsey, and my sister had the great idea to share my marathon experiences through blogging. As is the case with our entire lives, she suggests something that will probably leave me eating my words or play-doh ("if we can make it out of things from the food pantry of course we can eat it"), and I do it anyways. However, I think by setting up the blog I have made the second step towards commitment.

What then, is the first step? On May 2nd I will be running my first half-marathon with two of my cousins. Our goal is simply to finish, and I been training about twice a week - one short run, one long run. This is definitely not a good training setup and do not recommend anyone try it if they are looking for a good time.

Starting May 16th I will begin training for a full marathon which will take place on September 19th. I will be following a real training plan (viewable on Hal Higdon's website, see Novice 1 http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/Mar00novice.htm ), and the goal is for me to actually follow it.

I know I can more or less 'push' my way through a half-marathon, however, the thought of a full marathon scares the crap out of me. Here I am then, starting my 'pre-marathon' portion of the blog. Get ready for a course in 'marathon running', and please feel free to join me on this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. There's NO WAY I'm running a marathon with you, sorry hun! However I very much so look forward to reading about your antics while training. Just be careful and don't get hit by a car like my friend Steven did (http://www.twogomers.com/?p=400) if you care to read...another good blog about running a marathon, btw. Keep it up! I love that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete